Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Medium
Prep Time: 10mins | Cook Time: 25-30mins |Total Time: 35-40mins.
- 2tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Red/Spanish Onion. (Chopped fine)
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Green Peppers (replace with Orange if you don’t like Green.)
- 2 Yellow Peppers
- 1.5pints chicken stock
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Cut the peppers into 1/2 inch wide by 1 inch long strips.
- Melt 1tbsp of butter in a pan, cook the onions until soft.
- Add the peppers and butter to the pan. Stirring every few minutes so that nothing sticks or burns.
- Add the stock and paprika to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10minutes.
- Blend the soup and sieve to make smooth.
- Put back in the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for a few more minutes. Try not to let it boil.
Flour can be added to this recipe if you want to thicken it. It’s a nice rich flavour and isn’t bad for you (if you ignore the butter.) It’s nice served with some crusty brown bread.