Serves : 4 | Difficulty : Easy
Prep Time : 20 mins | Cook Time : 20 mins | Total Time : 40 mins
- 1 Leek
- 1 Whole Celery or sticks
- 1 Onion
- 2 Pints of Vegetable stock
- A pinch of each; Salt/Pepper/Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 Tsp of sugar
- Dice your onions roughly.
- Wash and cut celery into pieces about 1cm thick.
- Slice your Leeks about 1cm thick.
- Heat saucepan, add a spray of oil and soften the onion. You’ll need to use quite a big pot for this.
- Add stock followed by the leek and celery.
- Add seasoning and give it a good stir.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, add sugar, simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Take off the heat and blend. We had this through the blender once and wasn’t sieved. It was slightly textured rather than being smooth and honestly it added to my enjoyment of it.
This in a recipe my husband has recently made for us. It was delicious! Normally if I make soup I use potato as a thickener. This soup did not need it at all. It had just the right amount of flavour and texture. Might make Big Troll cook more often muhahaha. One of the things I like best about this recipe is that it only takes about 40minutes to prep, cook and serve.