Serves: 2 | Difficulty: Easy.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 12-15 minutes. |Total Time: 22-25 minutes.
- 2 Chicken breasts.
- Tomato Purée
- Salt and Pepper.
- Hendersons or Worcester Sauce.
- Sugar or sweetener.
- Either tenderise the chicken breasts by bashing them with a meat hammer or a rolling pin, or slice them across their middle so that you can spread them out into one thinner layer.
- In a bowl mix 3 tablespoons of tomato purée with garlic (fresh, frozen, powder, which ever you like and how ever much you like.) A little salt and pepper, a pinch of sugar or sweetener, 1tsp of paprika, 1tsp basil and a glug or two of your relish. If this doesn’t look like it will cover both your breasts (f’narr!!) add a little more tomato paste or a little boiled water.
- Spray a baking tray with fry light or oil spray and lay your chicken breasts on it.
- Spread the tomato mixture onto the meat and leave to one side. Pre heat the oven at 180c (fan assisted, 200c non-fan.)
- Dice your veggies, use the ones from the list or what ever you like on a normal pizza. Mix them all together in a bowl.
- Grate enough cheese to do two light sprinklings on each breast. Sprinkle a small amount on to each one.
- Add your veggies/toppings then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Put in the middle of the oven until the chicken is cooked. This usually takes about 12 minutes in a pre-heated oven, but it does depend on the size and thickness of the pieces of meat you’re using.
Since I’ve been doing slimming world I tend to use low fat cheese out of my A choice. I like to vary the toppings I put on and of course you can make this a little more interesting by adding things like chilli or different kinds of cheese. I haven’t tried the sweet pizza toppings on this as that’s not my taste but I am sure they would work just as well, after all most sweet and sour chicken dishes work with pineapple etc in. I usually serve this with salad or roasted new potatoes.