Serves: 4-6 | Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10mins | Cook Time: 25-30mins |Total Time: 35-40mins.
- Couscous (flavoured or plain.)
- Boiling water
- 1 egg.
- Diced veg and/or meat for filling
- 4-6 eggs depending on size of oven dish.
- Grated cheese.
- Make up couscous following instructions.
- Beat egg and mix in with couscous.
- Grease flan dish and put couscous mix in. Use the back of a fork or spoon to smooth it around the tray making a crust.
- Put in oven for 10-15 mins 180 (fan assisted, 200 no fan.) When cooked set to one side in flan tin.
- Dice up veg or meat, suggested onion, peppers, mushroom and ham.
- Beat remaining eggs, mix in the veg, meat and seasoning.
- Pour into couscous base, sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 15-25 mins depending how many eggs you used.
If using plain couscous add salt and pepper to it. Paprika, lemon or curry powder are also good flavourings.