Serves: 1-2 | Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins |Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 115g pack sliced pepperoni, or chorizo*.
- 125g mushrooms, sliced quite thinly.
- 2 Spring/Green Onions, finely chopped.**
- 6 medium eggs
- 125g grated mature Cheddar.***
- 2 tablespoons freshly-chopped parsley
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in frying pan and sauté pepperoni/sausage, sliced mushrooms and spring onions for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Beat the eggs in a jug then add the grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mix into the pan with the pepperoni etc and cook over medium heat for 5-6 mins, until underside turns golden.
- Place pan under hot grill for 3-4 mins until top is set and golden.
You can share one large omelette between two people if you serve it with a decent sized salad and some crusty bread.
*Any spicy/big flavoured sausage would do.
**I have to say I do prefer white onions finely diced to spring onions.
**Doesn’t have to be mature, but it’s got more flavour than mild. Really any cheese will do, but crumbly ones aren’t quite as good. Sticky ones are great, and Halloumi is great too!
You can make this more like a Spanish omelette by adding sliced potatoes (new ones are best) to the mix of things. You would want to have them pre-cooked, which is why this meal is best as a “using up left overs” type meal. So slice your taters into disks, fry them just to give them a bit of colour. Cooking them in a pan that Chorizo has been cooked in gives them lovely colour and some nice crispness.