Serves: 4 decent portions | Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 mins. | Cook Time: 35 mins |Total Time: 40 mins
- 4-5 peppers, red, yellow, orange not green.
- 1 pint Veg stock
- 1 Tin tomatoes
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chilli Flakes.
- Cooking spray like Fry Light.
- Chop your peppers in half, de-seed and remove the pith. Place them on a large baking tray skin side up, sprinkle with paprika, spray with Fry Light and put in the oven to cook for 15 mins on 200 degrees (fan assisted, 220 for non fan.)
- Take the peppers out of the oven, turn flesh side up and put back in for 10 mins.
- While the peppers cook, blend a can of tomatoes, sieve into a large pan.
- When the peppers are cooked put them in a blender with the stock. Add a pinch of cayenne and chilli flakes and blitz.
- Sieve the pepper/stock mix into your tomatoes.
- Slowly simmer until it just starts to bubble a little, usually about 10mins. Bringing it to the boil too quickly doesn’t taste as good.
Add more of less spice or seasoning to taste. I originally made this one without tomatoes and found it was far too sweet and even after adding a pinch of salt it didn’t taste right. I added the tomatoes and it really is yummy. I took it to Slimming world for taster session last night and it went down well.