Serves: 4-5| Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 2 minutes. | Cook Time: 4 hours. |Total Time: 4 hours 2mins.
- Chicken Breasts
- Chilli Flakes
- 1 Pint Veg Stock
- Worcester Sauce/ Hendersons Relish
- In your slow cooker pour your stock.
- Add the chilli flakes, a pinch of paprika and about 1 tbsp of Hendersons/Worcester sauce.
- Add your chicken breasts.
- Cook for an hour on high followed by 3 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and shred, you can either do this with your fingers or with a fork. Shred it along the grain of the meat so that it comes to pieces in nice long strands. Doesn’t matter if you get some bits a bit more clumpy than others.
- In a hot frying pan, add a ladle of your stock and a handful of chicken. Let the stock cook into the meat, then let the meat brown a little just to crisp it a little.
- Repeat until all the meat and stock are used up.
- Serve with salad or pasta.
I was experimenting when I made this one. I had a recent conversation with a friend who doesn’t eat much meat, so I thought instead of making pulled pork when we see her this may be an option. It’s rich in flavour, has a little kick and is very moorish!