Serves: 12 biscuits | Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10mins | Cook Time: 10-12mins |Total Time: 20-22mins
- 90g Softened butter
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Salt
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat the egg and gradually add to the creamed butter. Do this a little at a time to stop it from curdling.
- Mix it all together into a dough.
- Sprinkle a surface with flour and roll out to about 1/2cm thick.
- cut and place on a greased tray.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending how big they are. When they are done they should be a nice golden colour.
You can either water ice these when cooled (icing sugar and water.) Or before they go in the oven sprinkle them with caster sugar.